Stuart Bruce has tagged me with the ‘Eight things you don’t know about me’ meme. So here goes:
- I came sixth in the British DJ Championships at Earls Court in London and lost in the finals to the overall winner who went on to play across Ibiza in the following summer.
- My favourite food is Pizza (New York Pizza is the best) and I hate eggs.
- I was part of a jury which had to decide on a case which included a well organised drug smuggling ring. The jury also included the deputy editor of the Sunday Times and a well known author.
- When I was a kid I met the green cross code man who also played Darth Vader in the Star Wars films.
- I was trained in four different martial arts and used to fight at the British Freestyle Karate Championships on a regular basis. My best positioning was ninth. I should also add that when I was knocked out that year – I was literally!
- I worked on a nuclear power station in Lancashire and strangely never managed to get contaminated or glow in the dark.
- I have always holidayed abroad since the age of two months but places I would still love to visit include Australia, China, Hong Kong and several parts of Africa.
- I once had to compere live on stage in front of more than 1,000 people with a well known celebrity chef from Ready, Steady, Cook.